Visual scope for coffee roasters
There are three types of buttons in the button bar.
1 ON/OFF (green/red)
2 Roast landmarks (orange/brown)
3 Events (yellow)
The philosophy behind the Event button (yellow) is to record controlling steps made by the operator, so that the roast can be reproduced later in the future. The orange/brown buttons record the main landmarks achieved.
If a roast could be divided in cause and effect terms, the sequence (or recipe) of Events would be the cause of the profile, meanwhile the sequence of landmarks (First crack, etc) would be the effect. In other words, the yellow button records inputs made by the operator, meanwhile the orange/brown buttons record the outputs (landmarks) achieved by the roaster. The yellow button characterizes the input, meanwhile the orange/brown buttons the output.
- ON – Start recording temperatures
- CHARGE – Charging (loading) the roaster with green beans
- DRY END – Beans are dry
- FC START – First Crack Start
- FC END – First Crack End
- SC START – Second Crack Start
- SC END – Second Crack End
- DROP – Drop roasted beans into cooling tray
- OFF – Stop recording temperatures
- EVENT – Add a Power, Damper or Fan event
Setting a Power, Damper or Fan Event
First turn ON recording and CHARGE the roaster.
To add a power,damper or fan event do these four steps:
- Click on EVENT to add an event
- Select Power, Damper or Fan
- Select level (0 to 10)
- Update the event