Visual scope for coffee roasters
Have questions or bugs?
Click to register with the Artisan-User list.
Only questions comments on the Artisan List are answered.
June 15, 2013
The version 0.6 of Artisan, an open-source software that helps coffee roasters to record, analyze, and control roast profiles, is now available for Windows, OS X and Linux.
The most important changes and additions w.r.t. v0.5.x are as follows.
* Monitoring-only mode reporting readings on LCDs without recording
* Event sliders e.g. to control the Hottop heater and fan via the HT Roaster Interface
* Extended alarms triggered by time and temperature on any curve
* Flexible Modbus RTU support allowing temperature reading and device control
* Curve smoothing and spike filtering
* New localizations: Arabic, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Chinese and Hungarian
* Windows installer, and icons on Windows and Linux
See <https://code.google.com/p/artisan/wiki/ReleaseHistory> for a detailed list of changes and the Artisan blog <http://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.de> for details on some of the new features.
We are deeply grateful for the extensive support we received from many of you, especially in translating Artisan’s more than 1200 phrases into several languages (more under preparation). We want to thank Frans Goddijn, Brad Collins, Claudia Raddatz, Marcio Carneiro, Ostnes Runar, Yoshida Minoru, David Lahoz, Savvas Kiretsis, Wa’il, Lukas Kolbe, Oliver Schirmer, Kristoffer Johansson, Çetin Barut, Rubens Gardelli, Kyle Iseminger, Kalle Deligeorgakis, Matthew Sewell, Carlito Smith, Rich Helms, Carlos Pascual, Ingo, David Trebilcock, Matt Fischler, Jim Gallt, Gunnar Troll, Alex Fan, Piet Dijk, Bertrand Souville, Zoltán Kis and many others.
We do not take donations. But if you are using Artisan in a commercial setting, it would make us (and some others) happy if you would donate to Coffee Kids <http://www.coffeekids.org/>, a non-profit organization devoted to improving the quality of life for children and families in coffee growing regions around the world.
The Artisan team
Artisan is software that helps coffee roasters record, analyze, and control roast profiles. When used in conjunction with a thermocouple data logger or a proportional–integral–derivative controller (PID controller), this software can automate the creation of roasting metrics to help make decisions that influence the final coffee flavor.
- runs on Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, Windows, and Linux
- ET/BT logging and PID control supporting the following devices
- Fuji PXR/PXG 4 & 5 PID
- Omega HH309, HH506RA, HH802U, HH806AU
- CENTER 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 309
- VOLTCRAFT K201, K202, K204, 300K, 302KJ
- EXTECH 421509
- Arduino TC4
- TE VA18B
- Fahrenheit and Celsius display and conversion
- manual logging of extra events (FCs,FCe,..)
- large buttons supporting touch panels
- live ET/BT rate-of-rise curves with filter
- metric and thermal head-up-display predicting the ET/BT future during logging
- profile statistics and evaluations based on user configurable roast phases
- background reference profile
- user defined cup profiles and cup profile graphs
- HTML report creation
- CSV export
Conventions in this manual
Tips and tricks appear in a box like this
Technical material appears in a box like this